Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter Sunday

We hope everyone had a great Easter. Ashlyn was really excited the Easter Bunny came to her house, but was a little confused that he hid her eggs inside rather than outside like last year. She was really cute looking for her eggs and about every third egg she would find she would give it to Tanner. Tanner didn't really care to look for the eggs, he just wanted them open so he could eat what was inside!
After church I was asking Ashlyn if she learned about Jesus and why we have Easter. Her answer was, "Yes, we have Easter because Jesus wants the Easter Bunny to come to our house." I think we'll have to work on that. Ashlyn was also spotlighted in Primary today for something she did this week to Choose the Right. She asked us this week completely out the blue if she could have her own set of scriptures to take to Primary. It was really cute how she asked and it showed us how much she looks to others as an example of what to do. She has noticed the older kids bringing their scriptures to primary and she knew mom and dad had their own scriptures. She woke up Sunday morning and said, "I get to take my new scriptures to Primary." She is such a great kid.

Ashlyn in her new dress. (She had her shoes off and was running around before we could even get in the door from church)

Tanner's Birthday (Take 2)

We had Brad's family over for our traditional 4th Sunday dinner so we celebrated Tanner's Birthday (again) along with Leigh's Birthday and Easter. It worked out great to do this again because Tanner was feeling much better this time and enjoyed himself so much more. He loved the cake this time and actually ate it. He also loved all the new toys he got. Thanks everyone.

2 comments:

Jill said...

I've gotta say that was really fun. I thought your cake was so cute! You are so creative.

Leisa said...

Your kids are so cute! Glad you had a great Easter. Kristen was talking about getting together again. I can do it any night after 7:30 except Thursdays. What do you think?